- Reduced the downtime due to solid issues.
- Less interventions and less investment in CAPEX.
- Stable pump parameters: Vibration, frequency, voltage and
- Avoid the premature failures of the pump components caused
by the solids.
- Avoid problems such as sand cutting.
The intake consists of a specifically engineered slotted design. These slots are cut using a plasma cutter which creates smoother cut surfaces than other cutting methods. Smooth surfaces are less likely to be affected by corrosion.
The helix creates the vortex using centrifugal force, which separates the smaller solids and deposits them into the tail pipe[s] (mud joint[s]).
This improved version of the vortex sand shield was designed to withstand the high speed of the particles, avoid cuts in the tool, and the failure of the solid separation system.